Upskill Training for Door Supervisors
This qualification has been developed for door supervisors who completed their initial qualification before 31 Aug. 2010. In order to renew their SIA door supervision licence, this top up unit needs to be completed.
Refresher Training Course Structure
There are two units for this refresher course – a safety awareness workbook and a physical intervention module. This module has been made mandatory for the current door supervision qualification effective from 1 January 2015.
Core Modules for the Qualification:
Unit 1: Safety Awareness for Door Supervisors within the Private Security Industry
- Understand counterterrorism issues relevant to a door supervisor
- Know the role of a door supervisor when first aid situations occur in licensed premises
- Know legislation and requirements regarding children and young people relevant to a door supervisor
- Understand how a door Understand how a door supervisor can help to supervisor can help to keep vulnerable people safe
- Understand queue management and venue capacity responsibilities relevant to a door supervisor
Unit 2: Physical Intervention Skills within the Private Security Industry
- Understand physical interventions and the implications of their use
- Understand how to reduce the risk of harm when physical intervention skills are used
- Be able to use non-aggressive physical skills to protect yourself and others
- Be able to use non-pain related standing, holding and escorting techniques, including non-restrictive and restrictive skills
- Understand good practice to follow after physical interventions
Training organisations must follow the conditions for delivery and assessment as listed in the SIA’s “Introduction to Learning Leading Towards Licence-linked Qualifications.
Assessment for the Safety Awareness unit is by multiple choice question paper.